Thursday, May 16, 2013

Hot Dogs, Moving Day, And All Nighters


The A's lost to the damn Rangers, Dan Straily isn't ready for The Bigs, Josh Donaldson is still the truth, and Nelson Cruz is still a bum. That's all the analysis you need from that game. The terrible game that the A's played was in all honesty, nothing that a beautiful Oakland afternoon couldn't fix.

I once heard that several scientists declared the East Bay, "The Best Place to Live In Terms of Weather In The World" and I believe every minute of it. Unlike San Francisco and its crazy wind that will blow you down its vast giant hills, the East Bay has mastered "the summer breeze" and today was no different.

The scene from 148 was the usual joking around and always a good time. The gang included Adam (@DKJinthe_148), Jacquie (@TeaPartyTrthSqd), Dreamkiller (@OccupyTheAs), and many others. Section 148 was for the most part in good shape today since Wednesday day games are our favorite games to attend.

Ironically, I came to the game having only slept for one hour the previous night thanks to a final paper and my last final of the semester. I took that final early this morning and thank god, it's all over. My first year of college is now officially over.

When you're running through your day with a minimal amount of sleep like that you gotta keep the calories coming and thankfully I had bought a value deck ticket today so I got $6 back on concession food. That by the way, is probably the best deal in sports, I absolutely love making ballpark food actually cheap.

For those of you who don't know, this is my third year of being a regular in the RF Bleachers since before I had restrictions on driving and all that jazz but I've been searching for a consistent "go-to Coliseum meal" for years and on Monday night I finally found it!

I hate to inform you that the picture at the top isn't it but it is equally as good. The meal I found was the Polish Sausage combo with sauerkraut, a kiss of brown mustard, and a Sierra Mist.

The spicy sausage seemed to sizzle in my mouth with the texture of the sauerkraut. I really forgot how much I enjoy sauerkraut. It is definitely an underrated hot dog dressing. The brown mustard really gave a nice tang to the meal and for me, you can never go wrong with a Sierra Mist. Lemon lime flavored drinks are the drinks of champions and I've yet to be proved wrong about that.

I would love to talk about food all day long but I have one more thing to talk about before wrapping this post up. Tomorrow, I move back to my hometown of Danville for the summer and I surely can't wait to hit the ground running on my old stomping grounds. I enjoyed my several months in San Francisco but it's time to take a long sabbatical from the haste and paste of San Francisco that can wear you out after one busy week, if you're not careful.

Hopefully a return to the East Bay will bring some kind of a tan to my pastey skin. (Fat chance)



No comments:

Post a Comment