Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Launch


I don't really know how to start this blog to be quite honest with you but I'm sitting here in my school's fire pit lounge at 1:46 am, procrastinating, rather than studying for my last two finals of the school year. I guess I'll give you a brief introduction to myself and this blog as this Taylor Swift song on my iTunes library finishes up (yes, I do have one Taylor Swift song on my iPod and no I don't like her it's just one song, jeez).

My name is Wesley Mills but I'm better known as Wes by my friends. In fact, only my relatives and elementary school teachers call my Wesley but you can call me either. I'm a freshman and soon to be sophomore at the University of San Francisco. I'm currently undeclared at this moment in time but I soon will be a Media Studies major.

I'm just your average college student for the most part but hopefully I end up being much more interesting to you than that.

I spend a good amount of time a day on twitter and you can find me by typing in @RFWes and hopefully it'll just pop right up! I also host a show on blogtalkradio.com called "Gold Jersey Dynasty Talk Radio" with three of the most wonderful individuals I've ever met.

Now, I know what you're thinking, what the hell is this weird guy doing with his tongue? And is that pumpkin pie? To answer your first question, I WAS HUNGRY! And yes that is pumpkin pie! For those of you who aren't A's fans, you probably can't eat pumpkin pie at a baseball game but we can!

Moving on, I am an A's fan, and have been since my mom and dad took me to my first game on Opening Day 1996 at Cashman Field in Las Vegas (the Raiders were building Mt Davis).

I sit in section 148 in the Right Field Bleachers with people who are just as passionate about the Oakland A's as I am. Perhaps you heard about the event I organized, this little event called "Josh Hamilton Appreciation Night," if you haven't heard about it be sure to google it and be blown away. I mean that all in seriousness and don't mean to brag in anyway.

Going to as many games as I go to, I can tell you that many crazy things happen every now and then, which is something I'm going to write about as kind of a short story/book kind of thing.

Now for what this blog will end up being, I can tell you that this will have plenty of stuff about the antics from the bleachers as well as some stories from my past or something that's on my mind for that day. I promise I will do my best not to make this a diary where I offend people or talk about every little thing that has happened in my life. Since I know for a fact no one wants to hear about that. I will post some stuff from my personal life if I find it interesting or worthwhile but I promise I won't be offending anyone!

I decided to create this blog since I'm going home on Thursday morning and I'm going to have to find things to do while I'm there until mid August. I hope you guys enjoy the blog and be sure to comment and interact with me on twitter. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment